I want victory over those night-time binges. Don’t you? Night-time binges are the worst. So here’s 10 ways to help overcome those night-time binges that may defeat you.
1. Chew sugar- free gum. You might go broke buying gum, but it helps. I buy a lot and keep it with me. As a matter of fact, I’m chewing some now, that’s why it’s listed first.
Or you could eat a dill pickle. Very little calories or carbs, but the sour taste kills a desire for something sweet. At least it does me.
2. Also you could drink a cup of hot tea or coffee. It’s warm, it fills you up, and you can hold it in your hands. Henceforth, keeping them out of the cookie jar. Consequently don’t drink too much or you’ll wake up in the middle of the night- just saying.
3. Read your Bible. Then meditate on those beneficial encouraging scriptures. Memorize them. At least it gives you something to think about instead the food in the kitchen. Also you can even read scripture from your cell phone. Check out this link. You Verse Bible
4. Above all, you can pray — God promises to give you wisdom and strength if you ask. It’s not wise to eat a bucket of ice cream. You already know this, but sometimes you need the power of God to resist the night time binges. This I know.
-If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. James 1:5 — (Gateway Bible Link )
5. Make a phone call. Connect with a friend or a family member. Keep relationships with those you love. In addition, call a co-dieting buddy. Talk about how you can achieve victory over night-time binges. Encourage one another.
6. Pray with your buddy. Use the power of agreement to defeat those night time binges. Consequently this will help both of you achieve victory. But don’t use you phone call to gossip. That’s not nice.
“Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.” Matthew 18:19–20
6. In the meantime you can try on those “goal” clothes in your closet. Who knows, maybe you’ll get those pants on this time. Then you can celebrate by dancing in joy. If the pants still don’t fit, that’s good motivation to not eat.
7. Watch an intense suspenseful movie. Hubby’s watching one now and I had to stop writing to watch. I can’t eat when I’m memorized, can you? Also, some of the stuff he watches makes me too sick to eat. Ugh! One day, during our meal, he watched this ant eat its supper. Gross!
8. Make your own list of ways to resist night time binges. It helped me not eat tonight as I write this. Maybe it’ll help you as you create your list.
9. Mop your kitchen floor. I’m racking my brain to come up with ten ways to overcome night time binges. I know I can’t eat and mop the floor at the same time. So this way will keep your floors spotless. That’s a good side benefit.
10. Finally, for the best ultimate best of all way. Totally surrender it to Christ. Give it all to Him. Talk to Him about your food. He’ll listen. He loves you and He’s concerned about you. You are worthy to Him. He really cares. Give it to Him. That’s the real key to victory- surrender.