Worry . . . Lord, I need You for so much. Every time I venture off without talking to You first, I mess up everything. I just want to make You proud of me and now I’ve created another mess by pushing the wrong buttons. Help me. Ahhhhh! Continue reading Worry
Tag: God’s Presence
Focus, My Child
Lord, I ate all the seafood last night. Well, I think I did leave one bite, but I lost my focus. Now this morning I’m bloated. How can I lose weight eating like this? What do I do? Do I start over again since I ate all the seafood?
Wait until you are hungry before you eat again. You didn’t eat all the meal, only the seafood. My child, I want you to hunger for Me.
Lord, do I give up breaded fried foods too?
My child, it won’t hurt you.
Lord, I’ve already given up sweets.
My child, I gave up ALL for you. Do you think giving up fried foods or sweets is too much for you to sacrifice?
Sigh. No, Sir.
Then do it. Remember . . . focus on My Presence, not your food.
Renew your focus. Keep looking at Me. Your mistake at last night’s supper was not eating the food. No, it started when you looked at the food and your heart filled with desire. I want you to desire Me more than your food. Desire Me, My child, and you will be blessed beyond your comprehension, more than a seafood meal.
Yes Sir. Help me keep my eyes on You and Your will with all I say and do, including the food I eat.
Lord, I’m having company for supper and serving their favorite- fried pork chops. What do I eat?
My child, I will lead you at that moment in time. I want your focus not on meal planning, but rather on seeking Me- My Presence. Focus on Me and I will lead you to your victory.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
For they shall be filled. Matthew 5:6 NKJV
- Focusing on God’s Presence
- Home of Grace picking up donations
- Friends calling and coming to eat supper with us.
- Got patio washed off.
- Feeling peaceful
Oil of Gilead (Fat-free, Calorie-free and Sweet)
I’m here, waiting for you.
I’m so confused. I don’t know what to do, think, or what to say. What’s wrong with me? Continue reading Oil of Gilead (Fat-free, Calorie-free and Sweet)
SISTERHOOD OF THE WORLD BLOGGER'S AWARD
A while back my youthful weight loss buddy Rachel, nominated me for a “Sisterhood of the World Blogger’s Award”. Thank you Rachel, following your blog and reading of your successes is a reward in itself. www.myjourneyonedayatatime.wordpress.com
I feel like a proud grandma even though we’ve never met in person. You’ll enjoy reading her journey. She’s been an inspiration to me with her weight loss of 66 pounds and graduating from college with Magna Cum Laude honors at the same time. I’m so proud of her. When I was in college I probably gained 66 pounds. I always studied with a huge bowl of popcorn. At 230+, I waddled across the stage to get my diploma.
With this award comes an assignment. Now it’s past time to answer the questions, and pass this award on to others.
1. In one word, how would you like your readers to describe your blog? ( I hope, “Encouraging”.)
2. Which is your most favorite among your blog posts? Why? ( “70 Reasons I’m Thankful God Helped Me Lose Weight” – This is my favorite because I have to give credit where it’s due – God helped me. Without Him I would still weigh 241, maybe more by now.)
3. What, who inspires most of your blog posts? ( I write most of my blog posts with a pen in my hand and a 5-subject spiral notebook during my personal devotional time with my Lord. I write my questions and complaints, mostly complaints and then I write what He speaks to my heart. I believe in God, the Father, Jesus Christ, the son, and the Holy Spirit as a Trinity. It’s similar to an egg with the yolk, the white, and the shell. They’re different, but one and the same.- free theology lesson.)
4. What do you inspire to accomplish this year? (I want to encourage/help as many people as I can know that God is the answer to all our struggles, be it weight or otherwise. Only He can set us free from our self-inflicted bondage. I have said that He saved me from myself. Chew on that one.)
I’ve also wrote a devotional book, and submitted it to a publisher. Hopefully it will be out in January 2016, God willing. One day, I would love to speak at Christian women groups. I enjoy sharing about my relationship with Christ. After all, He’s my best friend and my weight loss counselor too. I love Him for what He’s done for me, more than helping me losing weight.)
5. What do you aspire to learn this year? (I would like to learn how to write inspiring Christian fiction just for fun. Since I’m tech challenged, I would like to become more tech efficient.)
6.What is your most favorite book? Why? (I enjoy reading from my New King James Version Bible. I chose that version because it’s easier for me to comprehend. Sometimes it’s amazing how I sense God speaking to me through His Word. Like that book was just written for me. )
7. What’s the most courageous thing you have ever done? (I once stayed at the hospital for three days and nights without leaving with a young man who died from cancer. He had adopted me as his mother since his Mom had died years earlier. He needed me so I stayed. I was the only one there when he went to heaven. I’d never witnessed death before. Immediately I called the nurses to let them know the machines had stopped and he was gone. They all filled the room to say “bye” to him. I’ve never felt God’s Presence as I did that morning. He died unafraid with someone who loved him by his side. God was there too.)
8. If you could be a superhero, what would be your superpower? (You’ll laugh at this. I would like to be a “Ghostbuster” so I could destroy the demon of gluttony. Remember that scene of the gluttony monster eating everything.
If I could I’d destroy the demons of alcoholism, tobacco addiction, and drug abuse, too. How about all addictions, sickness, poverty, basically all evil. Hmmm, sounds like I’d like to be God. Uh-oh. I’ve been guilty of telling Him what I think He should do. Now I’m waiting for lightening to strike me. Uh-oh. Watch out. Don’t stand by me in a storm.)
9. Who is your female role model? (Believe it or not, I identify most with adulterous woman in John 8:1-12. I feel as though I’ve committed adultery many times in my heart due to my love for food. There was a time when I loved food more than my God or my husband. Only someone with a food addiction can understand that.
When you want to experience secret pleasure with something/someone else more than the one you made a promise of commitment to, that’s adultery. My heart has been adulterous many times with food pleasure. Jesus told the adulterous woman to go and sin no more. I can’t say that I have sinned no more. My false lover, food pleasure, is still there just waiting to entice me with His pleasures. God’s Presence destroys the power of gluttony.
It’s been said that adulterous woman is the same Mary that anointed Him with costly perfume and wiped His feet with her hair. John 12: 1-8. I don’t know if that’s true, but let’s suppose it is. Mary surrendered her life to serve the one that set her free from her demons. He set me free from the demon of food addiction. I’ve also surrendered my life to serve Him.
Rules of the award:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and post a link to their site.
- Put the award logo on your site.
- Answer the same questions above.
- Nominate seven blogs.
To pick only seven of my favorite blogs is very hard for I enjoy all of them. Previously I nominated some of my favorites to the WordPress Family Award. To be fair, I won’t nominate those blogs to this award. I’ll choose differently this time.
My Seven Nominees:
1. www.fittoservegroup.wordpress.com (They have a church support group in southern Florida. One day I’ve love to visit them.)
2. www.peacewithfood.com (Written by Robyn and Lara. Their mantra is, “Eat what you want, Never diet again, Live a happy Life.” I agree.
3. www.kidfarmer.wordpress.com (She writes “Thoughts of a Christian Cowgirl.”)
4. www.littlemoreeachday.wordpress.com (She blogs about health and running, but I love most of all the stories of her son.)
5. www.2fatnerds.com (This blog is written by a couple and their whole family is focusing on being healthy.)
6. www.dottotrot.com (Dot has lost 125 pounds. Her blog includes health information and recipes too.)
7. www.sassyfitnesschick.com (Her blog is about health issues. She’s a runner that hates diets. She thinks you should make small changes to improve your diet, not go on a diet. We agree.)
MY CHILD, I BRING YOU VICTORY
Lord, why am I not losing more weight? Why does it seem I’m going backwards? My scales tell me I’m gaining, but why? I’m eating the same as before. So. . . why am I struggling with the scales now?
I didn’t exercise before and lost over 70 pounds. Now that I’m exercising, why haven’t I lost more weight? I see the finish line of this journey. I need to finish in victory. I need Your help. What’s going on? I don’t understand.
SUCH A PRETTY FACE, WHAT A SHAME
(Editor’s note: This is a story I wrote for a writing contest. In the contest I could only use 250 words, but here I can write as I feel led by God. I pray it ministers to you, it did to me.
I’m not the girl in the story, but the emotions were mine. My highest weight was 241 pounds, not 300. The words God spoke to her were the same words He spoke to me when I cried out in desperation.
This story begins in fiction and ends with truth. As they say in the movies, “This is a fiction story based on some facts of truth.”) Continue reading SUCH A PRETTY FACE, WHAT A SHAME