Victory Antibiotics for January 16Take one daily and as needed when in the pain of temptation. Continue reading These Antibiotics Can Win Your Victory Over Temptations
Here’s 21 Victory Antibiotics to kill virus of Christmas goodies temptations. Use these as needed. You have my permission to share or print. Put them on your refrigerator, on the food pantry door, or even in the car if necessary.
Remember it’s not about the food, but the birth of Jesus Christ we celebrate. When did we get it so messed up? Was it our food addictions? Just thinking about all these goodies make my mouth water. Other people without food/weight issues make food part of their celebration too. So what do you think? If you have an answer, please let me know.
1. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:57
2. For everyone born of god is victorious and overcomes the world, and this is the victory that has conquered and overcome the world- our [continuing, persistent] faith [in Jesus the Son of God]. 1 John 5:4 AMP
3. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
4. For You, Lord, have made me glad through Your work; I will triumph in the work of Your hands. Psalm 92:4
Victory is the defeat of an enemy or opponent. Victory occurs when we gain success in a struggle against some difficulty or some obstacle that is impeding our paths. It is the state of having triumphed. We can triumph in victory over these food temptations. With God’s power, we can win.
5. Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.” Mark 9:23
6. . . . If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. Matthew 17:20
7. I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye. Psalm 32:8
8. Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. . . . But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Hebrews 11:1, 6
Suppose you stop eating in mid-bite because you realized the food item wasn’t a good choice, that’s victory. If you become full and stop eating even though there’s more left, that’s victory. When you’ve lost the desire for a previously loved food item, so you don’t eat it, that’s major shouting ‘Hallelujah’ victory. Which is more valuable to you, the thrill of victory or excess food? Victory Blessings
9. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:6
10. You will show me the path of life; in Your Presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Psalm 16:11
Surrender to Him, His Presence is the key to victory for He is your victory. Allow God to have total control of your food for He is victory. Remember the child’s song, “Trust and Obey.” Google the lyrics.
11. Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. Romans 8:37.
You’re more than a conqueror. Yes, you are. Every time you say “No” to excess food, you put a victory notch in your belt. That’s how temptation works for your victory. Choose to give yourself the gift of victory.
12. For the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. Romans 14:17
13. Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to finish His work. John 4:34
14. He must increase, but I must decrease. John 3:30
15. Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us. Ephesians 3:20
16. But the Helper, the Holy spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you in all things and bring to your remembrance all things I said to you. John 14:26
17. And being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform. Romans 4:21
18. For with God nothing will be impossible. Luke 1:37
19. Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed. John 8:36
Try this test for your food: Will eating this allow you to continue your victory walk with peace in your heart or will it bring you guilt? If it brings guilt, don’t eat it. Then rejoice and praise god for your victory.
20. “. . . “Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,” says the Lord of hosts. Zechariah 4:6
Your victories cause Him to sing over you.
21. The Lord your god in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17
Lord, right now I feel hopeless. I read that You fight for Your children. Do you ever fight for me?
Yes My child, I am fighting for you. My plans are for your victory. I aim for you to be victorious. Today will be a day of victory for you.
I will fill you with My peace. I have come to save you, even from yourself and your self-infliction. I have your victory in my hand. Come to Me, so that I might give unto you the victory I have prepared for you. Continue reading Hope & Victory
Lord, I read my food journal and realized I had peach cobbler with ice cream without thinking. It was only two spoonful’s, but none the less it was dessert. I thought I had made it 9 days without desserts. Lost my victory. Continue reading Victory, Weight Loss, & Blessings
Lord, what is Your will concerning this blog? What do You want me to do with it? I’m so discouraged. Is there something I can do? Do I go back to the way it was so I can just write and not worry about the tech mechanics? Do I just give up? Continue reading Trust
Yep, I Feel like a turtle . . .
I unknowingly posted about a “Spirit Animal” Blog Award. My dear friend, Rachel informed me, “There is no such thing as a spirit animal. Only the Holy Spirit can abide in us if we ask him too. He is all the wisdom we need.:)”
So true Rachel. Thank you for the reminder. I went back and made the necessary changes. The Holy Spirit (Lord) is what delivered me from obesity (over 90 pounds) and I don’t want to hurt His feelings. I owe all that I am to the Lord, Holy Spirit. I appreciate Rachel helping me realize my error. Isn’t that what true friends are for, to help us along the way.
Chape at http://chapeblog.wordpress.com sent me the Spirit Animal award. She’s a personal trainer who encourages you to get up off the sofa and do something, anything. She has a playlist of music to move your body. Wow! How did she do that? Check out her blog for more inspiration. Very motivating.
She asked, “If you could be an animal, which would you be?” Continue reading Yep, I Feel Like A Turtle. (Blog Award)
Several years ago I heard one of my granddaughters singing and it ministered to my heart, the chorus of Trust and Obey:
Easy to say, but sometimes hard to do.
. . . the joy of the Lord is your strength. (Nehemiah 8:10)
Lord, all my life I heard, “You need to lose weight. You need to go on a diet.” Long ago, the doctor wrote on my chart- “Obese.” That word stayed on my medical chart for years. Many people have advised me on how to diet. Some of those I paid money to for their advice. Now people are telling me I’m too skinny. They say, “Stop losing weight.” Even my doctor has now said, “Don’t lose any more.” Then she added, “Well, maybe five more pounds.” Continue reading Believe He Will
So I can say I did it.
You did it?
Uh- No Lord, You did it. You delivered me from this 87 pounds. But what about this last 4 pounds, so I can say I lost 91 pounds? Continue reading Who Did It?
Lord, can I start over with You?
(Sensed God smiling.)
Weighed myself. Ugh. Looked for my phone charger, plugged it in, fixed a cup of coffee, and updated the Apps on my cell. . . Uh. . .
______________________________ Continue reading New Hope, New Life