Behaviorists say to rid oneself of a bad behavior, you should replace it with a good behavior. You want to break the habit of overeating, so here’s a list of 21 things to do instead of overeating. Make your own list. Get creative. Ask God to lead you and guide you. Continue reading Overeating- 21 Activities Instead
Lord, I ate all the seafood last night. Well, I think I did leave one bite, but I lost my focus. Now this morning I’m bloated. How can I lose weight eating like this? What do I do? Do I start over again since I ate all the seafood?
Wait until you are hungry before you eat again. You didn’t eat all the meal, only the seafood. My child, I want you to hunger for Me.
Lord, do I give up breaded fried foods too?
My child, it won’t hurt you.
Lord, I’ve already given up sweets.
My child, I gave up ALL for you. Do you think giving up fried foods or sweets is too much for you to sacrifice?
Sigh. No, Sir.
Then do it. Remember . . . focus on My Presence, not your food.
Renew your focus. Keep looking at Me. Your mistake at last night’s supper was not eating the food. No, it started when you looked at the food and your heart filled with desire. I want you to desire Me more than your food. Desire Me, My child, and you will be blessed beyond your comprehension, more than a seafood meal.
Yes Sir. Help me keep my eyes on You and Your will with all I say and do, including the food I eat.
Lord, I’m having company for supper and serving their favorite- fried pork chops. What do I eat?
My child, I will lead you at that moment in time. I want your focus not on meal planning, but rather on seeking Me- My Presence. Focus on Me and I will lead you to your victory.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
For they shall be filled. Matthew 5:6 NKJV
- Focusing on God’s Presence
- Home of Grace picking up donations
- Friends calling and coming to eat supper with us.
- Got patio washed off.
- Feeling peaceful
Day 1- Lord, I think I over ate at supper. I know I did. How will my reach my weight loss goal if I keep this up? I wanted to eat everything. It was hard not to. I was hungry and could have inhaled it. But extra food won’t help me with losing weight. And I know I need to drink more water, but that’s hard for me too. Continue reading Losing Weight & Blessings
Then the week was over and I ate a couple of mini-ice creams in one day. Gained that one pound back.
Lord, I was at a 93 pound loss and Continue reading New Food Plan
- Notice: Please read important message at the end. Thank you.
Router died. Called AT&T. New router arriving in four days. No internet. Bad tech day. I’m going to scream! Lord, help me.
Memorial Day family cookout with hot dogs, hamburgers, corn on the cob, baked beans, salad, and peach cobbler. Lord, I want to eat everything, especially dessert in frustration over dead router. But I’m too busy preparing food and serving others. I don’t have time to overeat. This is a weight loss blog, I can’t overeat. Thank you Lord for helping me resist temptation. Good victory day. Continue reading Feeling Attacked, Ending in Victory
Sometimes life’s just too funny. So go ahead, laugh. You know God has a sense of humor. Sometimes I think I hear Him laughing, not at me, but with me. Since He has plans for our lives and works out all things for our good, maybe He knew I needed to laugh more. Maybe you do too. So go ahead, laugh. Continue reading Go Ahead, Laugh
Several blog friends have sent me different awards over the last few months and I’ve been very slow in responding. Dear friends, I treasure each award. You honor me and I appreciate your love. I humbly ask your forgiveness.
Now I want to grant each and every one of you an award with some kisses too. But I’m changing the rules. . .
If you read my blog, thank you. If you make comments, I appreciate it. If you share or re-blog my posts, I think I love you.
So help yourself to an award too. Just mention my blog link as a favor. You may answer the award questions if you wish. If your schedule is full like mine, just help yourself to the award without answering questions. Enjoy the fact that you are loved and I want to award you.
It’s after 7p.m. I’m starving. Eating a half tuna wrap for lunch just wasn’t enough. We’ve been visiting out-of-town all day, left for home late, and now he wants to eat supper at this “all you can eat” catfish house on the way. I’m looking at this menu. Lord, help me. Continue reading Catfish With A Kiss
Lord, I’m declaring today “Day One” of a my new maintenance plan. I want to finish losing this weight. It would be nice to say, “I’ve lost a 100 pounds,” but I know it’s just a number. Right now it seems I gained two pounds. Sigh.
My fingers are swollen and I feel fat. I weighed after my usual cups of coffee. Wait, . . . I weighed after drinking a pot of coffee. I should have known better. Sigh.
Help me to walk in victory, victory in obedience to You and what You say, victory over food, and victory over the words and thoughts that pop in my head.
Lord, thank You for being my friend and helping me as I go forth. Direct me as how to please You in all I say and do. And yes, I am hungry for more of You. Teach me how to get full of You and all You have for me. Lord, fill me with Yourself.
This is my plan for my eating today, “Wait until I am hungry.” It seems logical, but Lord, I know what seems logical to us is not always logical to You. So, is this Your will for me?
You may try this for today.
Lord, I don’t think I’ve been overeating. (Eat only three meals with half-servings and no snacks.) Yes, I’ve stuck to the rules, but maybe I’ve eaten too many half-servings. Too many half servings is still too much even if it is a half serving. I know two halves make a whole serving and four halves make two full servings. Sigh. . . .
Lord, I want You.
My child, I AM here.
Lord, I want You.
I AM here.
Thank you. Lord, I want a “new” with You. Grant me a “new” beginning. Fill me with a new filling of You. I want the sweetness of You. I have tasted the sweetness of crème filling, but I want to taste more of Your sweetness. That is sweeter.
My child, I AM here and I will fill you with Myself. Open wide your mouth and I will fill it.
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come; the old has gone, the new is here! 2 Corinthians 5:17
I am the Lord your God; who brought you out of Egypt; open your mouth wide, and I will fill it. Psalm 81:10
Remember the sweet taste of a crème filled donut. Now take a moment to praise God for His sweetness. He is sweeter!
Several of my blogging friends have been more than generous in nominating me for seven different awards. I accept them all and plan to post about each one. Thank you so much, my dear blogging friends. I feel so blessed by all of you. It is such an honor to be recognized by your peers.
One dear friend, susieshy45 nominated me for The Sunshine Blogger Award. Thank you Susie for this nomination. Your award is the first on my list to accept. You are my wonderful dear friend on the other side of the world.
Susie lives in a dangerous place. Therefore she keeps all personal information about herself a secret and I understand why. Her blog is about everyday events observed through her eyes of wisdom. She also has a challenging cat. We have prayed for him more than once. You can check out her blog by clicking on the above link.
As most of you may know, God has allowed me to write a book, The God Plan, Daily Inspiration for Victory Over the Scales. Thank you Lord.
Since the release of this book on January 1, 2016, my life has become very busy and exciting. I’ve been invited to several churches both in town and out of my state to share this story of my weight loss ( 92 pounds) using God as my weight loss counselor.
I also make a Periscope posts Monday-Friday at 6 A.M. Central time under the name, Deborah C. Crocker. So in my defense I have become slightly preoccupied.
Hubby and I have returned from trip to Gatlinburg and Nashville, Tennessee. This trip was to share with another ministry the story of my weight loss healing and to share my books. I met some awesome people giving their life to help others.
I feel like a walking, talking miracle healed from obesity in the prime of my life. (60’s ?)Isn’t God just wonderful! I recommend using Him as your counselor too for whatever you need. He’s the best and your life will become full of joy.
Here were the Sunshine Blogger Award Rules given to me:
- Thank the person who nominated you!
- Answer the 11 questions. ( answered below)
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and let them know they are nominated.
- Ask the nominees 11 questions.
The questions asked me:
- What is your favorite color? My favorite color is blue, the color of the ocean and the sky. Blue is a peaceful color. Couldn’t we all use a little peace in our lives?
- Does the color of your clothes reflect your mood for the day? Not necessarily, I just try to wear colors that makes me smile when I look in the mirror.
- What do you do when your mood is off- the-mark? I used to eat anything I could find and a lot of it. Now I read, blog, pray, sing, wash clothes, do dishes, etc. It seems there is always laundry to do. How could two people mess up so many clothes? And how did the sink get so full of dirty dishes? I think they are breeding in there.
- Why do you blog? In the beginning I blogged to give me something to do besides eat. I thought maybe it could help someone else too. Sometimes I write while Hubby is watching TV. I can’t stand most of what he watches on TV, its so boring. One time we were eating a meal and what do I see on that TV? A spider eating its meal too. Yuck! Gross!
- What sort of blogs do you like to read? I mostly enjoy reading blogs of people who are trying to lose weight as well. I enjoy making comments to encourage others. I also enjoy reading about the events of your life. Y’all have such interesting lives. How do you find time to blog? Oh, I just remembered about your recipes. After seeing pictures of what you cooked, I could eat the computer. It’s a good thing computer isn’t fattening. But it kinda tastes like plastic and metal. Not very good.
- How do you select the blogs you would follow? I look for those that are striving to lose weight too, those who worship and serve the same God as I, and those about food. God helped me lose 92 pounds
- Does offensive language on a blog post put you off? Yes, it does. As children we were taught that if someone used profanity, it was only because they weren’t smart enough to think of another word to use.
- What would romance mean for you? My Hubby got me a ring for our anniversary. He couldn’t save until our anniversary several months from now, but he was so excited that he gave it to me a couple of weeks ago. When he gave me the ring, he said, “You deserve it.” Now boys and girls, those words say romance to me more than the ring.
- Write a small poem about yourself: Debbie was fat. Losing weight with God He gave her a new bod Now she’s where’s it’s at And that’s a fact.
- Do you make New Year Resolutions? In past years I have. The number one resolution was to lose weight. But God has healed me of 92 pounds, so I don’t need that one. Since my book, “The God Plan” was released on January 1, 2016. I’ve been extremely busy, but it’s a good busy.
- Do you enjoy changes in your life or do you shy away from them? Since January 1st , God has brought about a lot of changes in my life and all of them are good.
Susieshy45, I hope you don’t mind if I change the rules to make it easier for all involved. I’m only going to ask 5 questions and pass the award to only five blog friends. My friends, if your blog isn’t mentioned in this post, don’t worry it’ll probably be listed in the next award post. I’ve made a long list of blogs I enjoy and plan on spreading all this love around.
Now for the questions, I’m asking only five. Since my blog is Talking to My Weight Loss Counselor- God, the questions pertain to my blog. I might use your answers in another post. Would you mind?
Hmmm, . . . I may use these same questions in all the award posts and then compile the answers in one general concluding blog. Wouldn’t that be interesting? Think of this as a research survey
- What food temptation seems to call your name the most?
- Where do you find strength to resist this temptation?
- If you have lost weight, what helped you the most?
- How do you spend time with God?
- How has He touched your life?
Now for the first five nominees:
If you aren’t listed this time, you will next time. I have seven more to go.