Lord, long before the 92 pounds left , I was hopelessly tied up by the gluttony monster and he kept me trapped. He wasn’t about to let me go. I had given up with no hope of ever breaking free. Just like the elephant tied with a small rope to a stake in the ground. The gluttony monster kept me locked in the cage of defeat. It would have been easy to break away, but due to all my previous attempts that ended in failure I was hopeless. Continue reading Feeding the Tiger, Fighting the Lions
Happy New Year!
It’s a new day! It’s a new beginning! My God is a God of second chances. With this new year He is giving me more second chances.
This is a link to the new Victory Calendar for January 2016. I pray it works better for you than it did for me. I have some helpful hints at the bottom of this post. Hopefully they will work for you.
This looks so very good. I’m going to have to fix it for my husband. I really enjoyed talking with Hilda last week. She was so encouraging to me and she gave me permission to reblog this cake recipe. I wanted to keep this for myself, but I know it will help all y’all that focus on reducing your carbs. Me, I’ll just eat it for enjoyment. Yum.
Thank you Hilda for all your inventive wonderful recipes and your warm friendship.
All y’all, checkout her blog, http://fittoservegroup.com
Which way will you choose, the dark side or the side of the light?
Choose Me and your future will be bright. I will teach you the way of the light. Then you will use the light, My light to spread forth My power for others. I am the Almighty Force. I am the Way.
Partake of My Spirit and you will reflect My glory. My child, you have heard, “May the force be with you.” I am the Force. Seek Me, the eternal Force and I will bring you strength and power. Use it for the good side. Use My force and My power to bring forth My will. When the Force is with you (My Power), then your future is unlimited. There is no limit for I am the Force. Go forth in My power.
I AM, therefore you will be.
Your light saber, your sword is My Word. Use My Word to defeat your enemies, the enemies of your soul and the enemies of your future. Eat of My Word and you will be full. Fill yourself with My Spirit and the Force will be with you. Speak the language I give to you and they will hear. My glory will come.
Lord, thank you for those encouraging words. Help me to always look to You. I want to see Your glory.
Words of the Force
This is a fictional story based on some facts. Several years ago while I was still teaching, I did leave our Baby Jesus on the dryer due to all my Christmas activities. Hubby worked excessive overtime that year. I rarely saw him. Now we’re both retired, but he still complains about getting out the Christmas decorations. Continue reading WHY IS BABY JESUS LAYING ON THE . . . ON THE DRYER?
Happy Birthday to me!
Thank you Lord for a wonderful productive last year. Now I praise You in advance for my upcoming successful year. I expect 2016 to be the best year of my life with Your direction. Direct my path so that my life brings You glory, honor, and praise. Show me how I can help others find the same freedom You gave to me.
I am now 63 years old. Wow! Who’d believe God would deliver an old woman of 90+ pounds. I’m amazed that God would do this for me. After all, I do think His hands are full with all else going on in this world. But yet, my God takes the time to heal me, an old woman with a failure complex and no hope of achieving her dreams. Now I’ve learned, “With God all things are possible”, even healing an old woman from a lifetime (41 years) of food addiction.
Hubby and I choose to celebrate my birthday early. So last night he carried me out for a candlelight dinner at an elegant restaurant. I love that man.
The food was awesome. Ya’ll know I’ll always be a foodie, even though God has delivered me from gluttony.
Below is a picture of what I carried home for another meal, more pleasure. When you only eat half a meal, you get to enjoy the other half again later. Twice the enjoyment. Two meals for the price of one. Yea!
We had a wonderful time. Hubby also ordered dessert and coffee for later. He said, “It’s your birthday, order whatever you want.” So I ordered a teeny dessert and had one bite of his. This man has been sharing his food with me since high school, 1968. A way to win a foodie’s heart is offer her food. LOL! It was wonderful to sit, enjoy a meal and conversation with the love of my life. He is a gift from God to me.
Below is two birthday cards I received from friends, but God spoke to my heart His words of love through both of them.
My life verse, Thank you Lord for leading me and helping me. Thank you for delivering me from myself. I love you, Deborah
Thank you so much “susieshy45” for sending me this award. I am deeply honored that you thought of me. I’ve so enjoyed our friendship in Blogsville.
I enjoy reading susieshy45’s blog and recommend it to you as well. She writes from the viewpoint of a strong educated successful woman constantly learning and pursuing self-improvement through her life events. Check it out.
The rules were to select 15 nominees for this award and then tell 7 things about yourself. So here goes.
My 15 nominees for this award:
Seven facts about yourself:
- I believe we should all maintain a personal relationship with our Lord, Jesus Christ. I talk to Him throughout my day. After all, He’s my best friend.
- I’m forever indebted to Him, first for my salvation and for delivering me from 90+ pounds in my 60’s. That’s amazing to me.
- I am expecting the 60’s decade of my life to be the best ever. I’m looking forward to an exciting future, even if He decides I get promoted to Heaven.
- Speaking of which, all my friends know that I want three things in my casket: a Bible from the Dollar Store (I like to think my children or grandchildren would want one of the Bibles I’ve read from.), my cell phone (A friend asked, “Who are you going to call?” You never know. I confess I’m addicted), and a birthday cake. I’ll have a new birthday in Heaven, so why not celebrate.
- I absolutely love real birthday cake with real sugar icing. I laugh at the thought of all my family and friends sitting around eating birthday cake at my funeral saying, “Debbie would really like this.” It’s my party and I’ll plan how I want it. Ha, ha!
- I really want to help others find the freedom that God has graciously given to me. I don’t know how to help you understand this is for you too, except to just put it out there. I’ll be glad to come to your church and share my testimony (within a reasonable traffic distance).
- My first book, The God Plan, will be released on January 1, 2016 available through Amazon and Kindle. I’m also going to have my first book signing event at The Venue on January 16, 2016 – 11am-2pm. I’ll have some light finger food, at least a sandwich. You know about my food issues. I’ve dreamed of writing a book since the 80’s. Some of you weren’t born then. Back in the 80’s, it came to me to write a book about the women of the Bible. I never did. Then every time I went to the Bible book store there was a book on the shelf about the women of the Bible written by someone else.
Now God has given me another chance. I had to write this book and get it published. I didn’t I want go to the book store and see my book on the shelf written by someone else.
My life scripture- – – I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye. Psalm 32:8
Y’all have a wonderful Merry Christmas and a victorious Happy New Year!
God’s Blessings on you all, Deborah
Lord, thank you for loving me. Right now, I’m not too happy with myself. You have watched me all week. You saw it all, every bite. Yep, I’ve been taking extra bites and ended up in self-condemnation. I know I shouldn’t be so hard on myself, it was only a few extra bites. But . . . I’ve been taking these extra bites at every meal since Monday.
I said that I wouldn’t eat any dessert until Christmas Day. At the buffet, I told Hubby I wanted to feel a sense of victory, so no dessert. The waitress brought me at cup of hot decaf at no charge. Yea. I sat there with my legs crossed feeling all smug in my victory.