To you, the one struggling now, God wants your deliverance. He loves you very much. He knows your heart and sees the goodness therein.
Lord, last week I had a dream in which I saw the number 8747. What can this mean? When I googled it, “The Dictionary of Bible Themes” revealed this number represents false gods. What? Did You send this dream to warn me of danger when I use food for comfort or when I use a credit card to supply what we have need of? Are credit cards false providers, thereby false gods who entrap?
Victory Antibiotics for January 16Take one daily and as needed when in the pain of temptation. Continue reading These Antibiotics Can Win Your Victory Over Temptations
The following word was written last January 2016 and never published. It continues as an appropriate word for this new year of 2017. Think I’ll print it and keep it in my Bible.
Last year (2016) I made a lot of bad decisions, lost my focus, and listened to others with their plans for my success. Notice the line written, “If you listen to others, all will be vanity.” Consequently most of my decisions ended up as vanity. These wrong decisions resulted in unnecessary expenses on my charge card as I tried to buy my way to success which in turn caused an unfair burden on Hubby. I greatly regret this and now my charge card is overweight.
Most importantly, I missed God’s mark for 2016. This is my greatest regret of 2016, missing God’s perfect plan. It seems I had His permissive will, but that’s not the same as His perfect will. This year, 2017, I’m seeking His perfect will. How about you? What are you seeking?
In conclusion I wished I had kept my eyes on Jesus, who knows what might have been. Check out the word for 2017. More lessons to learn. . . .
Check out this link, Lord, Can I Have A Word For 2017? “Trust”
__________Word For 2016_________
Lord, what is my “word” for this upcoming year of 2016? Continue reading Lord, Would You Give Me A Word For This Year Of 2016?
“Strength Came, Destroyed Fear, Her Enemy” was written over two years ago. Even though it’s fiction, I think it’s relevant to our lives now. What gave her victory? Consider, what will give you victory?
Imagination wrote this fiction story. Then again, maybe this is how it really happened, maybe not. Only God knows. But what do you think? Use your imagination. How do you think she felt? Continue reading Strength Came, Destroyed Fear, Her Enemy
Here’s 21 Victory Antibiotics to kill virus of Christmas goodies temptations. Use these as needed. You have my permission to share or print. Put them on your refrigerator, on the food pantry door, or even in the car if necessary.
Remember it’s not about the food, but the birth of Jesus Christ we celebrate. When did we get it so messed up? Was it our food addictions? Just thinking about all these goodies make my mouth water. Other people without food/weight issues make food part of their celebration too. So what do you think? If you have an answer, please let me know.
1. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:57
2. For everyone born of god is victorious and overcomes the world, and this is the victory that has conquered and overcome the world- our [continuing, persistent] faith [in Jesus the Son of God]. 1 John 5:4 AMP
3. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
4. For You, Lord, have made me glad through Your work; I will triumph in the work of Your hands. Psalm 92:4
Victory is the defeat of an enemy or opponent. Victory occurs when we gain success in a struggle against some difficulty or some obstacle that is impeding our paths. It is the state of having triumphed. We can triumph in victory over these food temptations. With God’s power, we can win.
5. Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.” Mark 9:23
6. . . . If you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. Matthew 17:20
7. I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye. Psalm 32:8
8. Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. . . . But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Hebrews 11:1, 6
Suppose you stop eating in mid-bite because you realized the food item wasn’t a good choice, that’s victory. If you become full and stop eating even though there’s more left, that’s victory. When you’ve lost the desire for a previously loved food item, so you don’t eat it, that’s major shouting ‘Hallelujah’ victory. Which is more valuable to you, the thrill of victory or excess food? Victory Blessings
9. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:6
10. You will show me the path of life; in Your Presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Psalm 16:11
Surrender to Him, His Presence is the key to victory for He is your victory. Allow God to have total control of your food for He is victory. Remember the child’s song, “Trust and Obey.” Google the lyrics.
11. Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. Romans 8:37.
You’re more than a conqueror. Yes, you are. Every time you say “No” to excess food, you put a victory notch in your belt. That’s how temptation works for your victory. Choose to give yourself the gift of victory.
12. For the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. Romans 14:17
13. Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to finish His work. John 4:34
14. He must increase, but I must decrease. John 3:30
15. Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us. Ephesians 3:20
16. But the Helper, the Holy spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you in all things and bring to your remembrance all things I said to you. John 14:26
17. And being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform. Romans 4:21
18. For with God nothing will be impossible. Luke 1:37
19. Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed. John 8:36
Try this test for your food: Will eating this allow you to continue your victory walk with peace in your heart or will it bring you guilt? If it brings guilt, don’t eat it. Then rejoice and praise god for your victory.
20. “. . . “Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,” says the Lord of hosts. Zechariah 4:6
Your victories cause Him to sing over you.
21. The Lord your god in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17
How do you plan to eat Thanksgiving Day? Are you going to throw out caution and go for the binge day of all time? If so, how will you feel on Black Friday? Will you be too sick and bloated to shop or do you sleep it off during the football game?
One way I used to eat Thanksgiving was skip breakfast, eat all and everything I wanted for the grand Thanksgiving meal, and then eat some more into the night until I passed out in the Lazy boy, and waddled off to bed. Have you ever done that? Continue reading Seven Secrets: How to Eat Thanksgiving Day
Yes, it’s true. I’m blaming God with it.
As we left for the marriage seminar cruise, I was filled with excitement and apprehension. Hubby and I went with a large group from our church and headed for the Caribbean on Nov. 7th , 2016.
Lord, that ship is going to be filled with abundant food. How will I handle it? If someone tries to pressure me to eat, I think I’ll clobber ’em. I’m afraid, what if I go crazy and eat everything? How can I explain that to my ladies weight loss support group at church? They all assured me they would be praying for me. How can I be so afraid of “The Gluttony Ship?” Food everywhere I look, food, food, and more food. Lord, how can I manage all this food? Help! Continue reading Blaming God
Worry . . . Lord, I need You for so much. Every time I venture off without talking to You first, I mess up everything. I just want to make You proud of me and now I’ve created another mess by pushing the wrong buttons. Help me. Ahhhhh! Continue reading Worry