1. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8NKJV
First we want to thank You Lord for loving us so much that You gave Your life for us. Next help us remember Your sacrifice every time we are tempted to overeat or overspend for our selfish pleasures. And help us to submit our desires to Your will. 2. As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us. As a father pities his children, so the Lord pities those who fear Him. For He knows our frame; He remembers we are dust. Psalms 103:12-14 NKJV
Next Lord, we thank you for removing our transgressions, failures, errors, mistakes, and even forgiving our rebellions when we choose what we choose because we wanted what we wanted. Only You are a God of mercy and forgiveness. Now help us to surrender our desires to You and obey You in all things, even about what we eat and how we spend.
3. Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:4 NKJV
4. . . . Walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:10 NKJV
Next Lord, help us walk according to Your will in all we do, not do, say, not do, think, not think, spend, not spend, even to what we eat, and not eat. Just help us please You in all our ways.
5. So let God work His will in you. Yell a loud no to the Devil and watch him scamper. Say a quiet yes to God and He’ll be there in no time. Quit dabbling in sin. Purify your inner life. Quit playing the field. Hit bottom, and cry your eyes out. The fun and games are over. Get serious, really serious. Get down on your knees before the Master; it’s the only way you’ll get on your feet. James 4:7-10 The Message
Oh Lord, even though this is a paraphrase of Your Word- It hurts! Ouch! Help us quit playing around and get serious about submitting to Your will in all we are and do. 6. I look up to the mountains-does my help come from there? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth! He will not let you stumble; the One who watches over you will not slumber. Psalms 121:1-3 NLT
Thank You Lord, for helping us in our weaknesses, whether it’s eating too much or spending foolishly. You’re always there listening to our cries for help and You always lift us up out of our own self-inflicted messes. Thank you Lord for Your patience with us. There is no other god who is patient with his people like You are. Thank you for loving us in spite of ourselves.
7. No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; He’ll never let you be pushed past your limit; He’ll always be there to help you come through it. 1 Corinthians 10:13 The Message
Thank you Lord for this assurance from Your Word.
8. “And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who ask, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.” Luke 11:9-10 NLT
Thank you Lord, for letting us know You’re always ready and waiting to help us in our weaknesses.
9. Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead – since he was about a hundred years – and that Sarah’s womb was also dead. Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised. Romans 4: 19-21 NIV
Lord, there are times when we get discouraged and feel like giving up. Help us to remember Abraham and his faith in You. Increase our faith in You as well so that we may give glory to You too. Fully persuade us of our victory in You. Amen.
10. Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever. Psalms 118:29 NKJV
Lastly, we thank you Lord for this new fresh day of beginning all over again. Now we have clean slate with our eating and our spending too. Keep us within Your Presence. You’re always ready to forgive and show us mercy. In spite of our failures You receive us in Your open arms of love and forgiveness. Thank you Lord for these victory antibiotics from Your Word.
Now don’t’ you forget your victory antibiotics. You need to build up your strength because temptations are hiding just around the corner.
Check out this link for more free medical advice and opinion . Redeeming Med