Several of my blogging friends have been more than generous in nominating me for seven different awards. I accept them all and plan to post about each one. Thank you so much, my dear blogging friends. I feel so blessed by all of you. It is such an honor to be recognized by your peers.
One dear friend, susieshy45 nominated me for The Sunshine Blogger Award. Thank you Susie for this nomination. Your award is the first on my list to accept. You are my wonderful dear friend on the other side of the world.
Susie lives in a dangerous place. Therefore she keeps all personal information about herself a secret and I understand why. Her blog is about everyday events observed through her eyes of wisdom. She also has a challenging cat. We have prayed for him more than once. You can check out her blog by clicking on the above link.
As most of you may know, God has allowed me to write a book, The God Plan, Daily Inspiration for Victory Over the Scales. Thank you Lord.
Since the release of this book on January 1, 2016, my life has become very busy and exciting. I’ve been invited to several churches both in town and out of my state to share this story of my weight loss ( 92 pounds) using God as my weight loss counselor.
I also make a Periscope posts Monday-Friday at 6 A.M. Central time under the name, Deborah C. Crocker. So in my defense I have become slightly preoccupied.
Hubby and I have returned from trip to Gatlinburg and Nashville, Tennessee. This trip was to share with another ministry the story of my weight loss healing and to share my books. I met some awesome people giving their life to help others.
I feel like a walking, talking miracle healed from obesity in the prime of my life. (60’s ?)Isn’t God just wonderful! I recommend using Him as your counselor too for whatever you need. He’s the best and your life will become full of joy.
Here were the Sunshine Blogger Award Rules given to me:
- Thank the person who nominated you!
- Answer the 11 questions. ( answered below)
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and let them know they are nominated.
- Ask the nominees 11 questions.
The questions asked me:
- What is your favorite color? My favorite color is blue, the color of the ocean and the sky. Blue is a peaceful color. Couldn’t we all use a little peace in our lives?
- Does the color of your clothes reflect your mood for the day? Not necessarily, I just try to wear colors that makes me smile when I look in the mirror.
- What do you do when your mood is off- the-mark? I used to eat anything I could find and a lot of it. Now I read, blog, pray, sing, wash clothes, do dishes, etc. It seems there is always laundry to do. How could two people mess up so many clothes? And how did the sink get so full of dirty dishes? I think they are breeding in there.
- Why do you blog? In the beginning I blogged to give me something to do besides eat. I thought maybe it could help someone else too. Sometimes I write while Hubby is watching TV. I can’t stand most of what he watches on TV, its so boring. One time we were eating a meal and what do I see on that TV? A spider eating its meal too. Yuck! Gross!
- What sort of blogs do you like to read? I mostly enjoy reading blogs of people who are trying to lose weight as well. I enjoy making comments to encourage others. I also enjoy reading about the events of your life. Y’all have such interesting lives. How do you find time to blog? Oh, I just remembered about your recipes. After seeing pictures of what you cooked, I could eat the computer. It’s a good thing computer isn’t fattening. But it kinda tastes like plastic and metal. Not very good.
- How do you select the blogs you would follow? I look for those that are striving to lose weight too, those who worship and serve the same God as I, and those about food. God helped me lose 92 pounds
- Does offensive language on a blog post put you off? Yes, it does. As children we were taught that if someone used profanity, it was only because they weren’t smart enough to think of another word to use.
- What would romance mean for you? My Hubby got me a ring for our anniversary. He couldn’t save until our anniversary several months from now, but he was so excited that he gave it to me a couple of weeks ago. When he gave me the ring, he said, “You deserve it.” Now boys and girls, those words say romance to me more than the ring.
- Write a small poem about yourself: Debbie was fat. Losing weight with God He gave her a new bod Now she’s where’s it’s at And that’s a fact.
- Do you make New Year Resolutions? In past years I have. The number one resolution was to lose weight. But God has healed me of 92 pounds, so I don’t need that one. Since my book, “The God Plan” was released on January 1, 2016. I’ve been extremely busy, but it’s a good busy.
- Do you enjoy changes in your life or do you shy away from them? Since January 1st , God has brought about a lot of changes in my life and all of them are good.
Susieshy45, I hope you don’t mind if I change the rules to make it easier for all involved. I’m only going to ask 5 questions and pass the award to only five blog friends. My friends, if your blog isn’t mentioned in this post, don’t worry it’ll probably be listed in the next award post. I’ve made a long list of blogs I enjoy and plan on spreading all this love around.
Now for the questions, I’m asking only five. Since my blog is Talking to My Weight Loss Counselor- God, the questions pertain to my blog. I might use your answers in another post. Would you mind?
Hmmm, . . . I may use these same questions in all the award posts and then compile the answers in one general concluding blog. Wouldn’t that be interesting? Think of this as a research survey
- What food temptation seems to call your name the most?
- Where do you find strength to resist this temptation?
- If you have lost weight, what helped you the most?
- How do you spend time with God?
- How has He touched your life?
Now for the first five nominees:
If you aren’t listed this time, you will next time. I have seven more to go.