Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving. Thought I’d express my thankfulness to God for 92 pounds lost and the freedom He’s given me. Enjoy the rest of your Thanksgiving weekend.
On Thanksgiving Day I ate my usual three meals with half portions and didn’t get seconds. I did have some desserts, but only in small portions. I didn’t blow my diet because I’m not on a diet.
But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. ICorinthians 15:57 NKJV
Thank you Lord,
1. that I’m not on a diet, just portion control.
2. that I can eat anything (within reason) I want at holiday gatherings without self-condemnation.
3. that I can have desserts, but only half servings.
4. that I have the freedom to choose what I want to eat.
5. that a prescribed diet doesn’t tell me what to eat or not eat.
5. that a serving of dessert won’t throw me into a week-long binge like in the past when I blew the diet of the month plan.
6. that I can now eat ice cream without guilt. (about half a cup)
7. that I can even have a cookie with my ice cream.
8. that I can eat just one cookie.
9. that the bag of cookies no longer controls me and makes me do what I don’t want to -eat the whole bag.
10. that I no longer feel defeated by any food item. I am free. Thank you Lord.
11. that I don’t have to feel cheated or deprived when I look at the bounty on the Thanksgiving table because “the diet” tells me what I can eat. I choose.
12. that my focus wasn’t all about the Thanksgiving food.
13 that I was able to enjoy visiting with my family.
14. for my family that still loved me when I weighed 241.
15. for my family that tells me how proud they are of me.
16. that whatever I decide to wear, it makes me smile as I look in the mirror.
17. that since losing 92 pounds, I don’t have to wear something I don’t like just because it still fits.
18. that my husband tells me how good I look now.
19. that he no longer suggests I lose some weight for my health. Yea, right.
20. for his smile as he puts his arms around me.
21. that he says, “I can get my arms around you now.”
22. that I feel attractive to my husband even though I’m in my 60’s.
23. that I can wear leggings and they look good too. I just don’t have the guts to wear them out of the house. I am in my 60’s, after all.
24.. that there is a space between my upper thighs now. I never had that before.
25. that my thighs no longer rub together.
26.. that my thighs no longer get raw from rubbing together.
27. for giving me the idea of a Victory Calendar to focus on my victories instead of feeling deprived over the food I didn’t eat. victory-calendar 1 (Click here for yours.-Free)
28. that I don’t have to go to family gatherings all tense because I don’t know if there’s something I can eat on my diet. I can have anything I want now.
29. for teaching me how to eat successfully in the plan You gave me and still lose weight.
30. that You always have a good plan.
31. for the friends I have made while writing this blog.
32. for the book You allowed me to finish.
33. for seeing this project through to the finish line.
34. for helping me fulfill my dream. I’ve dreamed of writing a book since the 80’s.
35. for giving me this book assignment to write.
36. that I don’t have to feel judged by other people because of my size.
37. that I don’t have to feel judged by other people watching me eat.
38. that I can enjoy seeing the shock on their face when they realize I’m not dieting.
39. that I can have sugar. Last week I listened as someone lectured me about sugar being poison.
40. that I don’t feel threatened by the dangers of sugar. You set me free.
41. for only giving me three rules to eat by: 1. Eat only three meals. 2. No snacks. 3. Half portions.
42. that I don’t have to worry about eating “clean” for You made me clean Yourself.
43. That this has been the easiest weight loss of my life. (Maybe the longest too, but I like easy vs. quicker.)
44. that I can live with Your easy plan for my eating for the rest of my life. I’m not on a diet.
45. that I now weigh less than the day I got married.
46. that I usually wear size 10 pants. I did wear a pair of size 8 jeans to the Thanksgiving famiy gathering. Wow!
47. that I now wear a small top, size 10, 8, or even size 6. Amazing!
48. that I don’t feel unworthy anymore.
49. that I’m not embarrassed about my size anymore.
50. that I can wear clothes to show off my small waist.
51. for the boots that I can now zip up and wear. Before My legs were too fat for boots.
52. for spending time with me in our morning quiet time.
53. for being with me whenever I look for You.
54. for all Your encouraging words in Your Word.
56. for loving me just as I was, 241 lbs.
57. for loving me so much You wouldn’t let me stay 241.
58. for my friends that prayed for me through this journey.
59. that I don’t have to gain those famous 7-10 pounds during the holidays like the experts say I will. Putting my fingers in my ears now, “La La La La La.” I’m not listening.
60. that I don’t have to eat uncontrollably until I’m sick. You set me free.
61. that I have no more “food drunks” to sleep off.
62. that I didn’t leave my husband back in the 80’s over that candy bar. Yep, that was the biggest fight we ever had over my uncontrollable eating.
63. that he didn’t leave me over that candy bar.
64. for leading me to a life of freedom with my food.
65. for giving me a more abundant life, full of Your love.
66. that I no longer have an abundant waist, hips, or butt.
67. that I don’t need a “tummy tuck”. It shrunk.
68. that I have more energy now.
69. that my knees no longer hurt due to excessive weight.
70. that I can walk around the block without thinking I’m going to die.
71. that I don’t feel deprived if I choose not to eat dessert. I chose.
72. that Hubby called me his “trophy wife” today. He was teasing. He used to tease me about being overweight.
73. that my adult children are proud of me.
74. that my grandchildren are proud of me.
75. that I am proud of me.
76. that my closest friends are happy for my success.
77. that I feel pretty now, except for a few wrinkles.
78. I’d rather feel pretty in my old age versus my young age.
79. that I’m getting better with age.
80. that instead of hearing, “You need to lose some weight”, I now hear, “Don’t lose anymore.”
81. that I get to see the amazement on someone’s face at my weight loss when they haven’t seen me in a long time.
82. that I can actually feel my ribs now. I couldn’t at 241.
83. that if I suck in my breath and look in the mirror, I can see my ribs now. Never could before.
84. that while laying in bed, I can feel my hip bones. Never could before.
85. that if my husband buys me clothes for Christmas and they don’t fit, it’s not my fault.
86. that I’m free from the gluttony monster that forced me to eat uncontrollably at night.
87. that I can now sleep better because I’m not going to bed bloated from the binge
88. that You Lord are helping get stronger in dealing with my emotions.
89. that I no longer use food to sooth my emotions.
90. that I can now sing when I stressed.
91. for giving me peace.
92. for saving me, even from myself.