Several months ago my blog friend Darleen, ( http:kidfarmer.wordpress.com ) “Thoughts From A Christian Cowgirl,” recommended me for this award. I was absolutely thrilled and amazed that she would grant me this honor. Thank you so much Darleen. Ya’ll check her out.
Because I’m so tech challenged, it took me a while to figure out how to place this icon on my blog. . . A widget, what’s that? I emailed Darleen for help and she sent directions, but my granny self couldn’t comprehend them. What did you say? Huh? Finally I ordered a couple of how-to books from Kindle and they helped. Reading directions always helps.
I still have tech issues, that’s why I always put my link after I make a comment on your blog. If you click on my name, it will say there’s no blog by that title. What? How can that be? Still trying to figure that out. That’s why I ordered these how-to books. Sigh.
I would like to say a big “THANK YOU” to all of you that subscribe, stop to make comments, or like the post. You make my day! I love to hear from you. I ‘m so excited that you find some encouragement through this blog. I’ve made many friends and formed some deep emotional attachments to people I’ve never met. I’ve grown to love them from their stories of successes and their struggles too. Because of you all, I get to voice my thoughts, opinions, and my heart. Sometimes I even get to preach. Sorry about that, my Baptist church just hasn’t asked me to preach yet. Ha ha ha ha! But there’s always hope.
Meanwhile I do appreciate you all encouraging me. Most of my posts are from personal time spent with the Lord discussing my food issues. With His direction and help I’ve lost 81 pounds. If you don’t schedule personal time with Him, I urge you to make time. Peace will come. He’ll even let you scream at Him if you need to. He let me scream before and I lived to talk about it. I did wait for lightning to strike me, but all I ever felt was His love. He’s so wonderful and I love Him because of all He has done for me. I depend on His guidance for He promised that if we ask He will lead us.
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go: I will guide you with My eye. Psalm 30:8 NKJV
If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and He will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. James 1:5 NLT
I copied the following from Darleen to explain about this award:
Shaun, creator of this award, said, “This is an award for everyone who is part of the ‘Word Press Family.’ I start this award on the basis that the WordPress family has taken me in, and showed me love and a caring side only WordPress can. The way people take a second to be nice, to answer a question and not make things a competition amazes me here. I know I have been given many awards, but I wanted to leave my own legacy on here by creating my own award, as many have done before. This represents ‘Family’ we never meet, but are there for us as family. It is my honor to start this award.”
Rules for the Award
1.Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 10-15 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience.
4. Let your 10 family members know you have awarded them.
5. That is it. Just please pick 10 people that have taken you as a friend, and spread the love.
I thought this would be so easy, but it wasn’t. I subscribe to many blogs and I love them all. Blogsville has provided me so many new friends. All ya’ll are just great people and I enjoy each one of you. Thank you so much for encouraging me. I wish I could list you all. Love and God’s Blessings to you all, Deborah.
1. Rachel at myjourneyonedayatatime.wordpress.com (Lost over 62 pounds, all while achieving a Magna Cum Laude diploma. Back in 1991, when I graduated from college, I probably gained that much. Yep, ate my way through college. Her journey of weight loss and transformation is so encouraging.
2. Allison at journeytoafter.com (Lost over 108 lbs.) I love her smile, her pictures, and that her husband bought her a new pot to celebrate a weight loss goal achieved. She likes to cook.
3. Aubrie at myextremeweightlossjourney.wordpress.com She is so funny. I love all her pictures and funny stories. Her tribute to mothers was just beautiful.
4. Bobby C. at bobby-c-blog.com ( Just some thoughts I have . . .) Sometimes his thoughts amaze me. They contain so much wisdom.
5. grayfeather at grayfeather.wordpress.com He has a 365 Day Photo Challenge for himself. His pictures are beautiful. I ignore his girl pictures. Ha Ha. But his thoughts are interesting too.
6. Evelyn Davis at empowerwellnesscenter.wordpress.com She’s a certified health coach and a book author. Her blog is very informative about food and how it affects your health.
7. Shina at tripleblessing.wordpress.com This woman has triplets. She deserves an award for just surviving. I don’t have children at my house, but I do enjoy reading about her girls. She posted “12 Scripture Texts for Moms” and “Cheap Activities for Your Toddlers”.
8. Chelsey at lashestolunges.com With her, there’s always a new challenge. This week we’re eating more fruits and vegetables.
9. Ellie at newcreationsministries.wordpress.com She is a nutritional counselor, an encourager, and a published author. Her latest book is “Life’s Too Short to Eat Bad Cheese”, available on Amazon. Check it out.
10. Cicely at skinnynowwhat.com (Lost 60 pounds) She’s located in New York and writes about being skinny now. Both subjects fascinate me. I’ve never been to New York and I’ve certainly never been skinny, except the day of my birth. At least, that’s what my mother told me.
Now if I didn’t name your blog, your turn is coming. The next post is about another award sent to me by Rachel. Love to you all. Thanks for all you do to make my day. May God grant you the desires of your heart.